Tuesday

the halloween squash

I kept putting off getting a pumpkin to carve and finally, it was after dark, the night before Halloween (a Sunday) and I had a fruitless search for a pumpkin. After calling around, my brother in law located pumpkins at the Food City on Clinton Hwy, so I headed over there, only to find that what they called pumpkins, most people would call gourds...or squashes. But it's all they had, so I bought two of them and took them home. I expected my children to be really disappointed, but they found it quite amusing and were happy with their Halloween gourds

Here are Jane and my niece Eleanor with the Halloween gourds.

gourds1

And Henry and I had a friendly wrestling match over the Halloween gourds.

gourds2

And then Elliot fell asleep on the floor clutching his favorite of the two gourds.

gourds3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Elliott is hilarious. And there is no way you have a teenage son. You look great. How old are you anyway?

Anonymous said...

She's 47.

Anonymous said...

You are forty seven? No way!

Anonymous said...

She is not 47. I went to college with her. That would make me 47. She is, however, pretty damn cute for a women with three kids. She's definitely a MILF.

The other Bill W.