Saturday

Last night, after getting RG sufficiently well fed and liquored up, I convinced him to sit down with me and watch a chickflick-to-beat-all-chickflicks: Bridget JOnes: The Edge of Reason.

Big disappointment, especially for fans of Bridget #1, which is among my fave romantic comedies, period.

In this version, Bridget is so over the top that she's a caricature. All the characters are, actually. It's impossible to imagine Mark Darcy wanting to have anything to do with this frumpy crazy woman.

We only made it half way through the movie before RG began snoring, so I turned it off and watched the rest after he left.

Not recommended.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that this man must love you (or at least lust after you a lot) if you were able to force him to do this. No amount of alcohol could get me to do it, though my girlfriend sometimes tries.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't snoring; that was just a very obscure British way of booing.

Julie said...

RG is a guy. Guys are generally not that keen on sitting down and watching things like "Bridget Jones." They require some inducement.

He's a catch. Make no mistake about it.

-Katie