Thursday

makes elliot happy

My littlest child, ELliot, is incredibly grumpy in the mornings. While Jane bounds out of bed with a smile and a plan, and Henry is slowly communicative with a shower and caffeine, Elliot is just intractable. Much of the time, I bathe him and get him fully dressed for the next day the night before so we don't have to deal with battling over getting out of bed and dressed every morning.

So I was surprised that he hopped up with a happy mien this morning. When I asked him why, his answer was:

"I'm happy because today at school we get to dissect real cow eyeballs."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy, too. I always hated when they gave us the fake cow eyeballs.

Anonymous said...

Aren't little boys the best? I'm glad to have my girls, but the boys are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Elliot is a delight. I would have predicted that dissecting eyeballs would make his day. So, now, right before you wake him up every morning, whisper into his ear, "Today, you get to dissect cow eyeballs" and he'll wake up jolly. Maybe you should keep a supply on hand. And, it helps me figure out what to get him for Christmas, if I can just find them on Ebay. Nanny

Anonymous said...

And here I was expecting a boring punchline like "it's taco day."

- Les

Anonymous said...

Ms. Jurrison got a laugh out of this, and told her story:

Her son's (who was about Elliot's age at the time) science teacher was dissecting a calf for the class. At one point she pulled up the tail, and asked the class what the part underneath was called. Blank stares. "Hint: it starts with an 'A'" Blank stares. "Anyone ? Anyone?"
Ms. Jurrison's son: "Asshole?"

Steve K.