Thursday

saved!

I'm 37 years old, so REM provided the soundtrack to much of my adolescence and early adulthood. I even got to interview Peter Buck once for my college newspaper (I asked him stupid questions that at the time, I thought were oh-so-arch-and-clever like, "If you could be any member of KISS, which one would you choose?").

And now, I am the mother of a teenager myself - my son Henry is 13 -- so I think it's pretty neat that Michael Stipe has made a movie that Henry and I watched together and both loved. We rented "Saved!" last weekend and I thought it was one of the smartest, funniest, sweetest teen comedies I've ever seen. Highly recommended.

The music in the movie is terrific too -- most of it stuff I'd never heard before. I am busy tracking it down since there doesn't appear to be an actual soundtrack to the movie available.

No comments: