Wednesday

I have a nanny, Laura, who is 22 and very quirky and funny. Last night I got home really late (work followed by trip to ER for my sis with Pneumonia -- me providing transport and sisterly support). So when I got home, the children were all asleep and Laura was folding clothes in my kitchen and we chatted for a while before she left, talkin' boys and life and such.

Anyway, she was telling me that she plans to break up with the person she's been seeing (whom my son Elliot has dubbed "Scary Mike" for no reason any of us can figure out - he's only met the guy once). I asked Laura what she planned to tell him and she said:

"I was thinking I'd say, 'I think we should just be acquaintances.'"

I explained to her that one generally tells the guy, "I think we should just be friends as opposed to "acquaintances," and she said:

"I actually don't even want to be his acquaintance, but I really like his dog."

2 comments:

The Wonderful Wonderful World Of Us! said...

that is so funny! I check your blog every now and then.

Anonymous said...

does Scary Mike read your blog?