Thursday

About two years ago, I seriously considered going into debt to get an MFA and then trying to make a go of writing/teaching full time. One of the issues, though, was that there was no MFA program near enough to me to do it without moving, and I can't do that (although I don't have a husband, my children have a Dad, after all, who sort of likes having them around...)

But this morning a friend sent me this:

University to Initiate Summer School of Letters

Beginning in the summer of 2006, the University of the South will launch the Sewanee School of Letters, which will offer both master’s degrees in English and American Literature and a master’s of fine arts in creative writing. The proposal to create the School of Letters was approved by Sewanee’s faculty and the Board of Regents in late February. For more, please go to: http://sewaneetoday.sewanee.edu/2002homenews/12634.html.


And all of a sudden, my mind is spinning with possibilities. I love Sewanee, would love to live there and write there and teach there.... And it's near me...

No comments: