Thursday

puppy

Well, after saying we would wait a while after our puppy Leo died, I caved in to my kids' pleas and we adopted a new puppy last weekend. She came from the Humane Society of the Tennessee Valley.

She's tiny, all black, clearly half pug and I think, half Jack Russell or maybe Dachshund. We named her Mabel. She's remarkably full of herself and athletic to be so small. Plus, I wouldn't have thought a pug could run that fast or jump that high.

Adopting from this particular shelter was a good deal. Even though Mabel is only 10 weeks old, she's already spayed, microchipped and has had her first two sets of shots.

And speaking of Leo, I was pretty shocked to receive a "Grieving for your dead pet" booklet in the mail yesterday, along with a condolence card from my (now former) vet. Given that it's his fault my dog died, it rankled me more than a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to work for a vet and I can assure that the card and booklet was to entice your business back with the pets replacement.