Wednesday

book review

I bought this book for my sister Betsy for Christmas and then immediately borrowed it and read it. I'd heard a lot about it and I'm a fan of the author's super-cool magazine, Bust.

The book is one of the best for beginner knitters I've ever read. It explains gauge, increasing and decreasing particularly well, and the diagrams are very, very clear. I also like her discussion of why 3rd wave feminists (like moi) are getting hooked on this very traditionally female craft....

I haven't tried any of the patterns yet, but there are some really neat ones. I like how each pattern includes a little bit about the designer who created it.

I'll let you know how I like the patterns after I try one. Overall, however, this is a book I'd recommend highly to a beginner-to-intermediate knitter, as well as anyone interested in the current yarn craze.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knitted the Alien Illusion scarf in December for my son. It turned out very well.