Friday

hypnotic

I am beginning to wonder if I was crazy to agree to allow a local hypnotherapist to do his thing on me as part of a series airing on the TV station for which I work. The deal is, this guy says he can hypnotize away my oldest and most entrenched bad habit: nibbling my nails, which my mother says I was already doing by age 3 or 4.

So far, I am not convinced this is gonna work, but I will feel absolutely terrible if it doesn't work because the hypnotist told me today that if I do NOT quit biting my nails, his career is finished, given that he has now told a large percentage of Knoxville's local-TV-news-watching audience that he can get me to stop.

That's a lot of pressure (on me). Actually, I think my desire to NOT allow this nice man to be humiliated on TV will be the catalyst for quitting more than the hypnosis itself.

It is very relaxing, tho' -- the hypnosis, I mean. It's nice to get paid to write about lying around during part of my workday listening to the kind of Enya-esque muzak they play when you get a massage.

1 comment:

Barry Wallace said...

When's it going to air? Or have I already missed it?