Thursday

the red state reader

Back when I wrote for Metro Pulse, one of my fave editors was one Jesse Fox Mayshark, who has since migrated to greener pastures at the New York Times.


Jesse has just unveiled a new online 'zine called the The Red State Reader that's really good. It's unabashedly lefty, with some fine writing from other Metro Pulse expats like Joe Tarr and Matthew Everett, as well as someone named R. Neal.


The focus this issue is on the South, with writing on such topics as gay bashing in Rhea County, as well as a Drive By Truckers review.


Check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of Jesse Fox Mayshark myself. Can you give me the URL so I can bookmstk the Red State Reader? When I click your link the url remains yours.

Thanks

Julie said...

Sure. It's www.redstatereader.com

-Katie