Tuesday

John T. Baker

Tonight you can hear local musician John T. Baker, of The French Broads, live on the Funhouse show on 90.3. He'll be on between 8 and 10pm and will be talking about his show coming up this Saturday night at The Corner Lounge.


If listeners are lucky, John will play a few songs from his newest CD, a solo effort titled Rough Skeleton.


Sadly, I will be unable to attend the Saturday night show because, along with my daughter Jane, I'll be indulging my equestrian addiction at the USEF Pony Finals in Lexington on Saturday, but for those of you who can go, you should.


First of all, it's at The Corner Lounge, which is my new favorite Knoxville bar. It's a real neighborhood spot (my neighborhood), but even if you live in Farragut or something, it's worth the trip.


Second, the musicians who will be playing with John as his back-up band include Nug Jug's Chuck Watt, French Broad Jim Rivers, Drummonger (of Angel and the Lovemongers) Eric Nowinski, and Paul Noe on guitar.

Plus, as an added bonus, the opening act will include musicians from the Tim Lee Band and Senryu.

No comments: